The purpose of the Chapter is –
- To place the public welfare above all other interests and to apply the special knowledge and skills of the Building Official to the benefit of all mankind.
- To build up the prestige of the Building Official, to provide sufficient qualified personnel adequately compensated, to establish minimum standards of what a building department is and to secure adequate recognition and proper place in the administrative organization.
- To investigate and discuss the principles underlying safety in the construction, occupancy and location of buildings and related structures.
- To develop, recommend and promote uniform regulations and legislation pertaining to building construction, and to encourage uniformity in zoning practice and code interpretation.
- To develop, maintain, and promote the adoption of the International Building Codes and other codes adopted by Title 24, the State Building Code, and to promote active Class A membership in the International Code Council.
- To advise and assist in administration of building laws and ordinances.
- To do all such other things as are incidental to, or desirable for, the attainment of the above objectives.